IRC is the perfect solution for interpersonal communication via the Internet, especially communication in groups to discuss something, and the place is usually called Channel.
There are many IRC clients you can use, from commercial to free IRC clients. Here I will give you some solution if you want to use a free IRC clients. After searching using Google, I found several free IRC client and I list the two of it:
ClicksAndWhistles is a free IRC client that supports multiple "identities", floating or MDI windows, multi-server connection, unicode (utf-8), text and paragraph formatting, customizable colour schemes/themes, background .PNG images and outline/shadow fonts, favorite channels and customizable message strings.
- Support for multiple "identities"
- Support for multiple server connections
- Channel favourite list
- Floating (desktop) and MDI windows
- Themes, PNG image backgrounds and outline fonts
- Pop-up and sound event notifications
- Unicode (UTF-8) support
- Text formatting support (including coloured and bold/italic/underline fonts)
- Channel and user logging
- File transfers (DCC SEND)
- Customizable message text
Nettalk is a powerful and easy to use freeware IRC-client for Windows. The smart user interface is based on Windows standards, so it is a lot easyer to get used to it.
Key features of Nettalk
- Comfortable administration of many IRC connections
- Automatic command completion
- Automatic syntax insertion
- Automatic pitch completion
- Text coding
- Right write correction
- On screen insertion of the messages e.g. with plays
- Insertion of the messages if one in Windows works
- Automatic storage of the connections and area
- DCC Chat and DCC file transfer (resumption and routing support)
- University code over UTF-8 for Channels, Nicks and text
- Sockproxy support
- Adjustable acoustic notification (also over PC Speaker)
- Configurable short command and menu stronghold CUTS
- Individually adjustment possibilities for colors, background picture